Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : about 3-5 minutes per quesadilla
Makes 10 quesadillas
- 10 tortillas
- 2 cups (16oz) of cooked blacks beans
- 1 cup of cooked corn kernels (in can or frozen; if frozen, lets thaw before using)
- half a medium red onion, thinly diced
- 2 garlic gloves, pressed
- 1 cup of roughly chop cilantro (leaves only)
- 1 block of Nafsika’s Garden Cheddar (200g), grated
- 2 tbsp of chili powder spiced
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- ½ tsp of salt
- Dips : guacamole, salsa, vegan sour cream, etc.
- In a large bowl, mix together the black beans, the corn kernels, the diced red onion, the garlic, the cilantro and the grated cheese, along with the chili spices, salt and pepper.
- Heat a non stick pan over medium-high heat for at least 5 minutes, while preparing your quesadillas.
- To prepare your quesadillas : pour and spead out half a cup of the filling on one half of a tortilla, then fold it to make it look like half a moon. To the same with the other tortillas
- Lower the heat to medium-low and place one quesadilla in the pan. Press it with another pan and cook on both side, until the tortilla is brown and crispy and the cheesy filling has melted. Do the same with the other quesadilla.
- Cut in 2 or 3 triangles and serve warm with your favorite dips : vegan sour cream, guacamole, salsa, etc. * The quesadilla filling can keep 3 to 5 days in the fridge, that way you can cook quesadilla whenever you feel like it.