I had Jerolyn E. Morrison of Minoan Tastes on the first episode of Plant-Based By Nafsika, demonstrating how to make this recipe using the ancient method!
– Brown lentils
– Bottled water
– Coriander seeds (Seeds can be crushed, or whole; add as much as you like.)
– Wild onion or leeks
– Wild garlic
1. Add the above ingredients into a pot, preferably ceramic, and simmer over medium heat for 45-60 minutes.
2. Once the lentils have reached the desired texture, add the following ingredients for flavor- Choice of herbs (thyme and/or oregano) – 1 or 2 bay leaves
3. After flavoring is added, cook on low heat for another 15—20 minutes then remove from heat and add fresh olive oil and sea salt to taste.
4. Set aside for 15—20 minutes.
Recipe by Jerolyn E. Morrison, Founder of Minoan Tastes