Many believe that a plant-based eater can never achieve a muscular body without eating any meat. At Nafsika Inc, we’re here to clear this cloud of misconception for all those aspiring gym enthusiasts. The truth is a plant-based vegan lifestyle will not hinder your goal of getting that fit and sexy body. In fact, it will help you get there faster!
Aside from weight training, making good food choices are what you should really be focusing on in order to get the gains you desire.
Protein-rich foods will guarantee that your body will appropriately build up after each work out. For those of you looking for tips to look great when flexing those muscles, we recommend you try these protein powered plant-based recipes below.
1.Green Protein Smoothie
You should kick start each day with an energy-packed smoothie like this one. In addition to the high amounts of protein it consists of, it’s also high in several nutrients, electrolytes, and fiber to set the pace of your day right.
- 1 cup coconut milk (almond milk works great too)
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter (or any other nut-based margarine)
- 1/4 cup of oats
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 teaspoon of hemp seeds (optional)
- Toss everything except for the ice blocks into a blender and blend everything really well. Include a small amount of water if necessary, to support the mixing. Ensure there is no huge chunk in the mixture.
- Include the ice and mix for an additional 30 seconds, until the smoothie is creamy and cool. Savor this delectable smoothie while relaxing on the patio, soaking in some sunshine.
Chickpeas are amazing. They taste incredible and are high in fiber and protein, and will help you increase your gains big time. These little chickpea frittatas are incredible as a morning meal or as a post-workout snack. They can also last a few days, so you can bake them by the batch and save time especially when you’re low on energy coming back from the gym.
- 3 cups diced vegetables of your choice
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Preheat your stove to 400F and grease your muffin tray with a little olive oil prior.
- Measure out the chickpea flour, salt, pepper, baking powder, yeast, and put them all into a bowl. Mix these dry ingredients around before including the 2 1/2 cups of water, whisk to get them combined well.
- Chop up your favorite veggies (we love broccoli, spinach, and peas), and afterward cook them in olive oil over medium-high flame in a non-stick skillet. You’ll need them to be tender and malleable, which takes around 5-7 minutes.
- Toward the end, add the scallions and cook them with the vegetables for an additional 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper as you like it.
- Add the cooked vegetables to your chickpea flour mixture and whisk well.
- Fill the already greased muffin tray, with a heaped 1/4 cup proportion of the batter in each muffin cup.
- Put them in the preheated oven for around 30 to 35 minutes. They’ll get a decent brilliant brownish colored on top, and when you put a toothpick through the middle, it should come out clean.
- Eat them warm or cooled. Store them in the fridge afterward.
3.Super-Power Protein Bowl
It’s so important to have a power-packed dinner with any diet plan, especially during the earlier part of the day. And definitely if you’re looking to make solid muscle gains at the gym. With this recipe, you’ll be sure to stay full for quite a while, as it’s packed with fiber and protein, helping you get through any exercise routine. The cool thing with this recipe is that you can get creative and mix it up with different ingredients each time.
- ¼ pack Nafsika’s Garden vegan cheese (your choice of flavor, we recommend Feta style)
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 15 ounces black beans
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 sliced avocado
- 3/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 3 or 4 tablespoons salsa
- Bunch of cut scallions
- A lime wedge
Today, you can find an abundance of vegan cheeses at your local grocer. Nafsika’s Garden not only tastes like cheese (in a good way), but it’s also free from all major allergens such as dairy, gluten, soy or peas, and nuts. It’s also free of cholesterol, palm oil and GMO. It’s coconut oil based and conveniently comes in 200g packs of slices, blocks, and shreds. Nafsika’s Garden will make you not miss cheese, which tends to be high in fats and cholesterol by the way. (Just sayin’!) With so many vegan brands popping up these days, there is really no reason not to try them. Visit our recipe page to discover all the flavors and learn more. Your tummy will thank you.