Ever wondered how to make good sautéed spinach? Well, you no longer have to go to the restaurant to order it because now you can make it right at home in a matter of minutes!
- 1 large bunch fresh spinach, washed thoroughly (dunk it several times in a bowl of cold water)
- 1 finely diced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons finely diced onion
- 1 lemon
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Vegan butter
- Thoroughly drain the clean, washed spinach.
- Place 3 tablespoons EVOO in a large skillet and get the oil hot (but not smoking).
- Saute the garlic and onion, sprinkled with a little salt and pepper, about 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and cover. Cook for about 3 to minutes, checking twice. The spinach will reduce down.
- Add the juice of the lemon and about a tablespoon of vegan butter. Cook about 1 more minute.
- Serve immediately, steaming hot. Squeeze some lemon on top, add salt and pepper.