In episode 2 The six Vegan Sisters and I made one of their most popular dishes – Mac N’ Cheese!
Cozy with this mac n’ cheese in the oven! The crispy topping gives it a delicious crunch while the cheese sauce pairs perfectly with the noodles.
- Cellentani Noodles
- Vegan butter (we still have this brand in our house)
- White flour
- Rice milk (this is our go-to)
- Vegan cheese (Cheddar cheese from Nafsika’s Garden)
- Vegan Cream Cheese (they like Tofutti or Go Veggie) or Cashew Cream
- Nutritional yeast (They use this brand)
- fried onions
Vegan Mac n Cheese
A vegan take on the classic baked mac n cheese. Perfect to bring to the next family party!
- 1 uncooked 16 oz can of cellentani pasta
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup white flour
- 3 cups rice milk
- 2 cups Nafsika’s Garden Vegan Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese feel free to under the homemade cashew cream (see notes)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 11/4 tsp. salt add more or less to taste
- 1 cup fried onions
- 1/2 cup vegan Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 C. garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon of parsley
Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook pasta according to package. For the cheese sauce, melt the butter in a small saucepan. Whisk in the flour to form a roux. Add the milk, whisking gently and simmer until thick and frothy. Stir in nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and salt. Stir in cheese and cream cheese or cashew cream* until melted. For crispy topping, combine fried onions, breadcrumbs, garlic salt and parsley in a food processor or a blender. Combine the noodles and cheese sauce and pour into a 9×13 pan glass. Sprinkle the filling and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the foil. Bake for 5 minutes uncovered.
*Cashew Cream Recipe:
Mix 1 cup soaked cashews with 1/2 cup water and 1 tbsp. lemon juice until creamy. If necessary, add a little more water. You only need 1/2 cup cashew cream for this recipe, so you will have some left over.